Basic Esthetics Program
In our Basic Esthetics Course we train our future estheticians in the application of skincare techniques. These include but are not limited to: theory of the skin, facial treatments, skin exfoliation techniques, product selection, waxing techniques, natural nailcare, eye enhancements, lash extensions, electrical & machine facial treatments, and makeup. The importance of relaxation is taught to our students through aromatherapy, and massage techniques. In our Student Spa, students are able to practice and perfect all techniques to prepare themselves for growth in the esthetics industry.
BASICS, MASTERS & COMPREHENSIVE
Basics only: 20 weeks to completion
Comprehensive: 40 weeks to completion
EVENING & SATURDAY
COMPREHENSIVE & MASTERS
Comprehensive: 55 weeks to completion
APPLICATION FEE $100.00
STUDENT KIT $1939.25
SALES TAX ON KIT $144.47
STUDENT KIT INCLUDES
- Milady CIMA Online Learning Platform (2023)
- ASCP Student Membership
- Skinworks Uniform
- Skincare & Nailcare Implements
- Dermalogica Skin Care Kit
- Lash Bomb Eyelash Extension Kit
- Prosper U, 5 star Customer Service
- Beauty as a Business Program
Skinworks includes the cost of all treatments that are required to be received. Any additional services a student chooses to receive is charged a discounted student rate. Other pass-offs are to be performed on the public.
In order to test for state boards, the student will need to gather items for a testing kit, items in this kit are approximately $50-70. There are also options for the student to rent a kit outside of Skinworks. For licensing & testing costs please visit www.dopl.utah.gov.
If student would like to utilize a locker, there is a $20 usage fee.
Please see Skinworks Department of Education disclosures here
All students are required to submit at a minimum, a High School Diploma or GED Certificate, a State ID, and a Social Security card in order to be eligible to attend Skinworks.
To be fully admitted and for Skinworks to hold a students place, the student must complete the admissions contract and submit a $100 non-refundable application fee. Application & references may also be requested.
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at Skinworks will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. Skinworks does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age or disability.
Skinworks will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship. This policy governs all aspects of employment, including selection, job assignment, compensation, discipline, termination, and access to benefits and training.
Skinworks may enroll a student to start after the start date if availability opens within the first week of class.
Basic Esthetics Program Objectives
Basic Esthetics Course we train our future estheticians in the application of skincare techniques. These include but are not limited to: full theory of the skin, facial treatments, skin exfoliation techniques, product selection, extensive waxing techniques, natural nailcare, eye enhancements, electrical & machine facial treatments. The importance of relaxation is taught to our students. In our Student Spa, students can practice and perfect all techniques to prepare themselves to be successful in the esthetics industry.
THE GRADUATE WILL BE ABLE TO:
- Project a positive attitude and a sense of personal integrity and self confidence in the field of esthetics.
- Practice proper grooming, poise, and effective communication skills.
- Understand employer/employee relationships and respect the need to deliver worthy service for value received.
- Perform the basic analytical and manipulative skills applicable to Esthetics
- Apply the theory, technical information, and related matter to assure sound judgments, decisions, and procedures.
- To prepare each student to work in an entry level position in esthetics which includes the following esthetics services:
- Facials, Electrical Modalities, Waxing (Body & Facial), Stone Modalities, Eyebrow & Eyelash Tinting, Lash Lifts, Brow Lamination, Basic Makeup, Natural Nailcare, Eyelash Extensions and Body Scrubs.
The students overall grade consist of the following:
- Quantitative (Attendance) = 100%
- Chapter Tests: 35%
- Chapter Guide/Workbook 15%
- Projects and Assignments: 10%
- Participation/Tracker: 10%
- Sanitation: 10%
- Appointment (Practical) Grades: 10%
- Business: 10%
You will receive SAP or progress report at the 450 and 900 hour marks for Comprehensive students or 300 hour mark for 600 hour program students. If you fall below 75% in Qualitative (Academics) or 80% in Quantitative (Attendance), you will be placed on SAP probation, through the financial aid office, and risk losing financial aid if not resolved. Honor students celebrated at 90% or higher in Qualitative and Quantitative.
Upon completion of the program & full tuition payment, the student will be awarded a Certificate of Completion and all the necessary materials and instructions needed to apply for the State Board Exam. Job-placement assistance is offered if requested at that time.
If the student is electing not to continue on with the Master Esthetics program, Skinworks will help the student prepare for both the written and practical state licensing exam.
If the student is continuing on with the Master’s program, it is not necessary to take the licensing test until finished with 1200 hours; Skinworks will help the student prepare for both the written and practical state licensing exam in the Master’s program.