Master Esthetics Program
Basic Esthetics License is required to enroll in the Master Esthetics Program
Throughout our Master Esthetician program, we prepare our students for the medical side of esthetics. We train on more aggressive treatments such as microdermabrasion and chemical exfoliation with the use of AHAs, BHAs, and Jessner Solutions. Our 3-week Advanced Medical Modalities & Laser class is provided at 900 hours affording the student adequate knowledge on the skin before graduating onto the medical devices. The student will continue to use those medical devices through their remaining education. Being a Master Esthetician opens doors for our students to work on the full body and advanced modalities while giving them the knowledge to fully educate their future clients on the best advice for their skincare needs.
MASTERS & COMPREHENSIVE
Masters only: 20 weeks to completion
Comprehensive: 40 Weeks to completion
All students are required to submit at a minimum, a High School Diploma or GED Certificate, a State ID, and a Social Security card in order to be eligible to attend Skinworks.
To be fully admitted and for Skinworks to hold a students place, the student must complete the admissions contract and submit a $100 non-refundable application fee. Application & references may also be requested.
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at Skinworks will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. Skinworks does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age or disability.
Skinworks will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship. This policy governs all aspects of employment, including selection, job assignment, compensation, discipline, termination, and access to benefits and training.
Skinworks may enroll a student to start after the start date if availability opens within the first week of class.
Student Kit Includes
- Milady CIMA Advanced Online Learning Platform
- ASCP Student Membership
- Skinworks Uniform
- Skincare & Nailcare Implements
- Lira Skin Care Kit
- Prosper U, 5 star Customer Service
- Beauty as a Business
EVENING & SATURDAY
COMPREHENSIVE & MASTERS
Masters only: 28 weeks to completion
Comprehensive: 55 weeks to completion
APPLICATION FEE $100.00
STUDENT KIT $1584.35
SALES TAX ON KIT $118.03
- Skinworks includes the cost of all treatments that are required to be received. Any additional services a student chooses to receive is charged a discounted student rate. Other pass-offs are to be performed on the public.
- In order to test for state boards, the student will need to gather items for a testing kit, items in this kit are approximately $50-70. There are also options for the student to rent a kit outside of Skinworks. For licensing & testing costs please visit www.dopl.utah.gov.
- If student would like to utilize a locker, there is a $20 usage fee.
- Please see Skinworks Department of Education disclosures here
MASTER ESTHETICS PROGRAM OBJECTIVES
Throughout our Master Esthetician program, we prepare our students for the medical side of esthetics. We train on aggressive treatments such as microdermabrasion and chemical exfoliation with the use of AHAs, BHAs, and Jessner’s Solutions. Medical treatments such as microneedling, dermaplaning, laser, IPL (which included Laser Hair Removal, Skin Tightening, Skin Resurfacing, and Tattoo Removal). Being a master esthetician opens doors for our students to work on the full body, to learn various body treatments and advanced modalities. Skinworks also prepares our students to feel confident in marketing themselves with our extensive business classes, so when their training is complete, they will feel confident in being a successful Master Esthetician.
THE GRADUATE WILL BE ABLE TO:
- Understand employer/employee relationships and respect the need to deliver worthy service for value received.
- Perform the basic analytical and manipulative skills applicable to the program of study.
- Apply the theory, technical information, and related matter to assure sound judgments, decisions, and procedures.
- Ability to perform the following esthetic services:
- Microdermabrasion, Chemical Peels, Body Wraps, Laser Hair Removal, Photo Rejuvenation, Tattoo Removal, Microneedling, Dermaplaning, Dermalinfusion and Microblading.
The students overall grade consist of the following:
- Quantitative (Attendance) = 100%
- Chapter Tests: 35%
- Chapter Guide/Workbook 15%
- Projects and Assignments: 10%
- Participation/Tracker: 10%
- Sanitation: 10%
- Appointment (Practical) Grades: 10%
- Business: 10%
You will receive SAP or progress report at the 450 and 900 hour marks for Comprehensive students or 300 hour mark for 600 hour program students. If you fall below 75% in Qualitative (Academics) or 80% in Quantitative (Attendance), you will be placed on SAP probation, through the financial aid office, and risk losing financial aid if not resolved. Honor students celebrated at 90% or higher in Qualitative and Quantitative.
Upon completion of the program & full tuition payment, the student will be awarded a Certificate of Completion and all the necessary materials and instructions needed to apply for the State Board Exam. Job-placement assistance is offered if requested at that time.
The Master Training encompasses many specialty courses that train the student for a medical esthetics job placement opportunity. We teach the student the necessary skills needed to work for a plastic surgeon, dermatologist, or laser practitioner. Advanced skin care, stone therapy, hair removal techniques are taught along with advanced facial peels, body wraps, microdermabrasion, sanitation, and chemistry of ingredients.