QUESTIONS/CONCERNS PLEASE CALL THE SCHOOL AT (801) 530-0001
FOR EMERGENCY RESPONSE:
Natalie Parkin, Skinworks Owner
Dr. Lisa Morris, Medical Director
- IF ALLERGIC TO NIACIN, AVOID THIS WRAP
- AVOID drinking water for 1 hour prior to your wrap – so you don’t have to “go” while wrapped.
- If you are sensitive to the red “flushing” effect of niacin, avoid tanning creams or supplements that contain niacin for 2 days prior to the wrap. Niacin is a water-soluble B-vitamin that causes temporary reddening, itching and capillary dilation. This is usually brief and can be relieved by drinking water. When in doubt, check with your physician.
- Contraindicated conditions include, but are not limited to: heart conditions, high blood pressure, use of blood thinning medication, pregnancy, nursing, epilepsy, claustrophobia, and cancer that is not in remission. If you have any of the above conditions or sensitivities approval from your Doctor is required before you can be wrapped. Inform your student esthetician in writing and discuss all medications, health conditions and issues prior to scheduling a wrap.
- Eat light food the day of the wrap. Focus on vegetables, high fiber foods and water. Avoid carbonated drinks, caffeine, refined sugar, white flour and red meat, for best results.
- Avoid using lotions or creams that may interfere with product absorption.
- Avoid shaving prior to your wrap. Schedule waxing or other hair removal at least 72 hours apart from your wrap.
- Do not wrap if your skin is irritated broken or abraded, or if any sign of infection is present. If you are sick or being treated for infection, please re-schedule your wrap.
- You may bring a bikini to wear during the wrap, or disposable alternatives are provided.
- For best results, do not shower within 6-8 hours of receiving your wrap.
- Drink 6-12 glasses of water per day in the week prior to your wrap, and also following your wrap.
- Inch loss is best maintained by a healthy lifestyle of exercise and food choices.
- You may choose to receive a maximum of two wraps in a week, four days apart. The most popular regimen is once a week for 3 – 6 weeks in a series.