QUESTIONS/CONCERNS PLEASE CALL THE SCHOOL AT (801) 530-0001
FOR EMERGENCY RESPONSE:
Natalie Parkin, Skinworks Owner
Dr. Daniel Ward, Medical Director
PREPARE FOR APPOINTMENT
- Client MUST receive at least 2 of either Pumpkin Plus or Vita Brite within 2 months as well as be on active homecare in order to receive any of the following Chemical Peels: Hydroxy 30, Lactic Clear, Beta Plus Rebuilder, Sal Pulp, Jessner, or TCA Chemical Peels.
- Prepare skin with high-quality products using AHA’s for several weeks prior, and stop two days before your treatment. Use gentle products with minimal activity prior to treatment. Your student esthetician can write a home treatment guide for your use before and after the treatment.
- Do not shave or exfoliate the day of the treatment.
- Schedule waxing appointments 5-7 days prior to your treatment, 14 days for sensitive skin.
- Avoid sensitizing products with artificial fragrances, harsh preservatives and dyes.
- Drink plenty of water. Hydrated skin is healthy skin.
- Be prepared to use high-quality sun protection every day!
- This treatment is not appropriate for pregnant or nursing women, or those with specific allergies or contraindicated health conditions. Ask your student esthetician for appropriate options.
- Best results are achieved in a series of 3 to 6 peels, scheduled according to the needs of your skin with your student esthetician’s recommendation.
WHAT NOT TO DO
- TIMED CHEMICAL PEEL – (VitaBrite, Pumpkin, Lactic, & Hydroxy) Do NOT apply any product other than SPF 30. Do not wash your face or apply any serums, hydrators, oils etc…to the skin for at least 24 hours. Any of these things can reactivate your chemical peel. No working out, washing your face, taking hot showers, or applying anything topically until the recommended time has passed. **Contact Natalie or Dr. Morris’s office immediately if you show any signs of infection (pus).**
- Make sure you do not have any direct sun exposure. If you are going to be out in the sun make sure you are wearing a hat that will shade the face. SPF 30 is MANDATORY and to be reapplied every 2 hours. Even if you are not in direct sunlight.
- No exfoliation for at least 5 days. This includes any scrubs, acids, enzymes. Let the skin go through the healing process before you try to exfoliate or use acne products. Avoid products containing Alpha Hydroxy Acids for 7 days. Avoid products with artificial fragrance and dyes.
- (Layered Chemical Peels- Level II) You should not apply any product other than SPF 30, wash your face, or raise your core temperature/blood pressure for 8-24 hours. Any of these things can reactivate your chemical peel. So no working out, or washing your face, or applying anything topically until the recommended time has passed.
- No waxing appointments until 5-7 days after your treatment, 14 days for sensitive skin.
WHAT TO KNOW
- A proper home care regimen is highly recommended to receive the desired results when doing any chemical exfoliation procedures. 70% of results is achieved through proper homecare.
- If you have any questions or concerns about anything whatsoever please feel free to call us so we can assist you at the telephone numbers provided above.
WHAT TO EXPECT DURING HEALING
DAYS 1 & 2: Usually skin will feel very tight and dry, you may even start to get a bit flaky. Keep hydrated with a good moisturizer.
DAYS 3 & 5: You will mostly likely peel during this time. If you don’t peel DON’T WORRY you are still getting the benefits of the acids. If you do peel, make sure you do not pick or pull at the skin as this will cause pigmentation. DO NOT pick at flakes or help them flake off, moisturize instead.
DAYS 6 & 7: The skin should be almost completely healed on the surface and any peeling will be mainly around the perimeter of the face. SPF MUST BE WORN EVERY SINGLE DAY.