LASER, LIGHT & ENERGY DEVICES
QUESTIONS/CONCERNS PLEASE CALL THE SCHOOL AT (801) 530-0001
FOR EMERGENCY RESPONSE:
Natalie Parkin, Skinworks Owner
Dr. Lisa Morris, Medical Director
WHAT TO EXPECT FOR ALL LASER, IPL, AND ENERGY DEVICE SERVICES.
- Contact Natalie or Dr. Morris’s office immediately if you show any signs of infection (pus).
- The treated skin throughout the course of treatments is sensitized to sunlight. Clients must wear a daily broad-spectrum sunscreen SPF 30 or greater.
- Any Blistering, treat with light weight serum, please contact Skinworks if you are out of any serum’s that we may have provided at the time of your service.
- When treating pigmented lesions, the lesions will darken, crust, and then slough off over the course of several days (7-10 days). Clients must not scratch or pick at crusts as it may result in scarring.
- Clients should not have any chemical exfoliations for 4 weeks and or microdermabrasion treatments for at least 2 weeks after laser treatments.
- Clients should not exfoliate during the healing process and until all lesions has sloughed off naturally. (Pigmented Lesion Removal)
- Many clients experience a histamine reaction which can cause hives or inching, this is normal. Please use an antihistamine such as Benadryl.
- VEIN REDUCTION- Discomfort, such as swelling or redness (lasting from a few hours to a couple days), can be relieved with acetaminophen or ice packs.
APPLICATION OF SERUMS, OINTMENTS & CREAMS
- Cortisone cream should be applied if area is irritated or itchy.
- Aloe vera should be applied to rehydrate skin.
- If hyperpigmentation develops it should be allowed to crust up and flake off naturally, do not scratch or pick at crust
- An antibiotic ointment should be utilized if there is any blistering or break in the skin.
- Do not shave treated area for 3 to 7 days post-treatment if crusting or blistering occurs.
- Normal skin care regimens, i.e. makeup, moisturizers, deodorant, shaving may be resumed the day following the procedure provided there is no redness, blistering, or crusting present.
- Wash treated area gently with mild soap and water. If treated area is irritated, the area should not be rubbed with a face cloth or towel. The area should be gently patted dry.
- If the area blisters extreme caution should be used when applying or removing makeup. The treated area is very delicate and should be treated with care.
- Sun exposure should be avoided throughout the course of treatment BEFORE & AFTER. A broad spectrum sunscreen with an SPF of 30 or greater should be applied whenever the area may be exposed to the sun.
- Delayed blistering secondary to sun exposure has been noted up to 72 hours post treatment.
- Swimming, sports and or strenuous exercise should be avoided until any redness, crusting, blisters have resolved following the laser treatment