QUESTIONS/CONCERNS PLEASE CALL THE SCHOOL AT (801) 530-0001
FOR EMERGENCY RESPONSE:
Natalie Parkin, Skinworks Owner
Dr. Daniel Ward, Medical Director
- Open wounds or lesions in treatment area.
- Auto immune disorders, please obtain a written clearance from your physician before scheduling
- Recent facial injections. Must wait 4 weeks post injections.
- Any recent plastic surgery on or around treatment area must be pre-approved by a physician.
- Must discontinue use for one year prior.
- Please allow 2 weeks for skin to prior to treatment.
- Keloid scars
- History of eczema
- Actinic Keratosis
- Herpes simplex
- History of diabetes
- Presence or raised moles
- Warts on targeted area
- Collagen vascular diseases or cardiac abnormalities
- Blood clotting problems
- Active bacterial/fungal infections
- Immune suppression
- Scars less than 6 months old
- Pregnant or nursing
- Do not wax the treatment area for 2 weeks prior treatment
- Please allow 4 weeks after chemical exfoliation, or 2 weeks after microderm prior treatment
- Use of any topical retinoids or topical acne medications must be stopped 3-7 days prior to treatment and 3-7 after, depending on strength of product using. Please discuss skincare products with instructor.
- If you have an auto-immune disorder, please obtain clearance from your physician before scheduling
- There may be no open wounds or lesions on the treatment area
- If you suffer from cold sores, you must be on a prescription antiviral 3 days prior treatment (then continue 2 days after)
- Any injections or fillers must have a wait period of at least 4 weeks before treatment
- Any recent plastic surgery on or around treatment area must be pre-approved by a physician
- If taking accutane, last dose must be 1 year or more prior treatment.
- If you have been out in the sun (sunburn), please allow 2 weeks for healing before treatment
- The following are contraindications for this treatment:
Keloid Scars, History of Eczema, Psoriasis, Actinic Keratosis, Herpes Simplex, History of Diabetes, Presence of Raised Moles, Warts on Targeted Area, Scleroderma, Collagen Vascular Diseases or Cardiac Abnormalities, Blood Clotting Problems, Active Bacterial/Fungal Infections, Immune-Suppression, Scars Less Than 6 Months Old, Pregnant or Nursing.
- Treat your skin gently for the next 3 days, using gentle cleansers and hydrating serums and creams. Do not use any active products during this initial healing phase. On day 4, you may resume your regular routine.
- The skin will be red and flushed in appearance in a similar way to moderate sunburn, this is normal.
- You may experience skin tightness and mild sensitivity to touch on the area that was treated
- Redness will diminish greatly after a few hours post treatment and within 24 hours the skin will be generally calm.
- After 3 days, the skin will return to normal
- Avoid sweaty exercise and sun exposure between 1-3 days.
- Sunscreen is recommended every 2 hours.
- Chemical exfoliation must wait at least 4 weeks after treatment.