QUESTIONS/CONCERNS PLEASE CALL THE SCHOOL AT (801) 530-0001
FOR EMERGENCY RESPONSE:
Natalie Parkin, Skinworks Owner
Dr. Lisa Morris, Medical Director
PRECARE FOR WAXING
- Do not shave or exfoliate the day of the treatment.
- Schedule pedicures 48 hours apart from waxing to minimize risk of reactions.
Schedule waxing appointments 5-7 days prior to active chemical exfoliation or microdermabrasion, 14 days prior for sensitive skin.
- Avoid sensitizing products with artificial fragrances, harsh preservatives and dyes.
- Get a signed consent from your medical professional prior to your appointment if there is any question about interactions with medications or sensitive health conditions. Contraindications: accutane, retin-a, etc..
- If you have a history of immune dysfunction, resistant bacterial infections or extreme ingrown hair, please get approval from your medical professional prior to appointment.
- Please arrive freshly showered for all waxing appointments.
- Extensive waxing including brazilian bikini wax may require special preparation. Please trim all hair to approx ¼ inch in length prior to appointment for best results.
AFTERCARE FOR WAXING
- Avoid sunlight – light exposure without sunscreen will result in undesirable pigmentation. (freckles and patches)
- Be gentle with your skin. Do not use exfoliating products or acne treatments or alpha hydroxy acid products for 5-7 days. Focus on moisture and barrier protection, with items like barrier repair, vaseline or desitin ointment.
- Do not re-wax over treated area for 5-7 days, or 14 days for sensitive skin.
- Avoid products with artificial fragrance and dyes.
- When receiving brazilian wax, avoid sexual contact for 48 hours after waxing.
- Gently exfoliate with loofah, white washcloth or aha cleansers to prevent ingrown hairs between waxing sessions.
- If you have any questions or concerns about anything whatsoever please feel free to call us so we can assist you at the telephone numbers provided above.
- Apply SPF 30+ every 2 hours for the first 48 hours, even if you do not plan on being in the sun.